Saturday, July 15, 2006

Up to date

We have our closing date! Sometime Monday we will be in our new home! Tonight we are headed off to our new friends the Kellers! We will be celebrating Jon's 28th birthday late, because the first two plans fell through miserably. We were all supposed to go Wednesday on a boat ride with his cousin Alex (while his parents were in town visiting). We had planned dinner at a nice restaraunt across the lake.
I was sick all day with stomach stuff so I figured that if I went on the boat ride, I just might be setting myself up for my most embarrassing moment ever. Since the other ones have been doozies, I figured that this time I would take a proactive role in preventing any more. On top of his wife not going on the boat, his dad got a migraine and ended up in bed for hours, and my dad had a bulging disc in his back and couldn't go on the boat ride either. To top this off, we then learned that the restaraunt was closed for the night. Jon had to work the next day on his birthday, and his parents left two days early to go back to GA and take care of his Nanny. At this point we were supposed to close the house on Friday, so we planned a turnaround trip to CO to see Josiah, Tiff and my brother who is working at a camp up there for the summer. The guys were all going to go downhill mountain biking on Monday and my parents were going to pay for it-score! Until we didn't close on Friday and they set the closing for...Monday. My poor husband. Poor Josiah. Poor Jimmy. Poor Tiffany and I. So we are going to have a birthday cake for him at least.
Oh, our good friend Doug will be here this afternoon, so there is a little good news at least! Random happenings lately: Maggie has renamed herself "Watertop," and we found a mysterious pee spot on top of a chair. I narrowed it down to-mom and dad's weiner dog Stuka. I guess he jumped up on a chair, peed and jumped down. Of course out of the 8 chairs pulled up to the table Brennah happened to sit in it. Drama. Jon has taken to calling Stuka, a fat white maggot, which we all think is pretty rude. It is becoming disturbing. Jon talks to him all the time telling him how strange he is, how mentally unbalanced, how gluttonous, how tiny he is, how weird his habits are...all the while I sit staring at Jon intently-and when he finally looks up from talking to the dog for five minutes, I like to calmly ask him who is the mentally unbalanced one? Stuka takes it rather well and is as friendly as ever.
Brennah starts VBS this Monday and will be in a production next weekend. My friend Jen comes in on the 21st and we will be moving this week, so I will get back with everyone when I can. Oh yes, in my quest to become extreme I went on a mountain bike ride with Jon and our other new friends the Standifers.
Even after years of not really riding I did very well. I did not fall going down the rocky Texas trail and I was actually in shape enough to ride up most of the hills. We completed 8 miles of riding and just as we were almost back to the car, up loomed the innocent looking wooden bridge. Yes I admit I crashed into the side of it and almost went over the rail. I just kept glancing at it and got closer and closer. For my trouble I received an incredible bruise and a not very impressive crash story. I have also joined a gym out here and am going to as many classes as I can. The first one I experienced was "spinning."
This is where you sit on a stationary bike and copy the lady at the front of the room. After five minutes of this, I could literally taste the oat bran I had eaten for breakfast. Then she brightly encouraged us with, "Only 55 more minutes!" My friend Nina (the mountain biker) was beside me and I don't think she listened to the teacher at all, she just stood up on her pedals the entire time going at a furious rate and when everyone else was done, she continued for ten more minutes. Next was yoga. Has anyone ever seen the yoga move, the "Bird of Paradise?" I had not, but while everyone else contorted their bodies into it, I flopped to my mat laughing hysterically. At least I might have burned five calories doing that. Anyway, I hope everyone else has a great weekend and I will talk to ya'll later. P.S. Thanks to everyone for posting to my posts!

5 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about pilates and tae bo that you do about yoga....makes me feel accomplished, but I spend more of my time figuring out which leg goes where and which fist to use than I do actually "working out"....and...fat white maggot? That's just funny (well, it is from so far away in Georgia--I guess if ya lived with it, not so much...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about everything thats going on!! (you have to teach me to ride a bike!) im so excited that yall close on your house today!! thats awesome!! tell doug i said hi, and i miss ALL of yall!! (yes, i know, awful grammer.)

    *hugs*
    tell jon happy birthday and the girls i love them...
    love you!
    *morgan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your finally getting in your house. YAY!!! The yoga and stuff pretty interesting to. So love ya and hope ya'll have fun with your company. Ya'll should send him bakc for the retreat next week though.
    love ya
    allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Downhill bike riding is a real thing? I thought that was just a secret fantasy of mine! Unfortunately, at 39 weeks pregnant, I am relating more to the fat, white ma****--I cant even say it. I cant wait to see you in a few days!!!!!!!!!
    Nichole

    ReplyDelete